The Potter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still don't want to let Harry Potter and friends go? Want to talk about it or share or creativity because you can't let your love die? Then come and join us here at the forums and let your love go!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How To Use Codes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maelody
Admin
Admin

How To Use Codes Empty
PostSubject: How To Use Codes   How To Use Codes EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:33 am

OK, so I know a lot of new comers really don't know how to use codes, and the pictures in the 'Post a new topic' message box can be a bit confusing, so I'm here to give a few of the codes to give examples for you to use them too. If you feel I am missing one and you know how to use them, feel free to PM Me or one of the other Mods so they can add it as well.

First off, it is wise to know we use the bracket [ ] system, and not the little triangle ones < >.

Italics:

Code:
[i]Italics[/i]
Italics

Bold:

Code:
[b]Bold[/b]
Bold

Underline:

Code:
[u]Underline[/u]
Underline

Strike:

Code:
[strike]Strike[/strike]
Strike

Left:

Code:
[left]Left[/left]
Left

Right:

Code:
[right]Right[/right]
Right

Center:

Code:
[center]Center[/center]
Center

Justified:

Code:
[justify]Justify[/justify]
Justify

List:

Code:
 Here is a list, I shall do these things. [list][*] List
[*] of
[*] things
[*] to
[*] do[/list]
There, I have done all of these things.

Here is a list, I shall do these things.
  • List
  • of
  • things
  • to
  • do

Numbered List:

Code:
[list=1][*] List
[*] of
[*] things
[*] to
[*] do[/list]

1. List
  2. of
  3. things
  4. to
  5. do

Inserting A Break Line:

Code:
[hr]

Quoting Without A Shortcut: (In other words, if you're quoting, I do believe most of you would use the 'quote' or 'multi-quote' button)

Code:
[quote="Maelody"] Insert what I said here[/quote]

Maelody wrote:
Insert what I said here

Code Box: (The box around every example I've given so far on how to write a code)

Code:
Code Box
Code:
Code Box

Tables (3x3 For Example):

Code:
[table border="1"]
[tr]
[td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td]
[/tr][tr]
[/tr][tr]
[/tr]
[/table]

Hosting An Image

Code:
[IMG]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n179/ginnypotter19/hufflepuff.jpg[/IMG]
How To Use Codes Hufflepuff

Connecting Links

Code:
[url=Enter web address you wish to link us to here]Title It Here[/url]
Check Out The Rules Here

Font Sizes:

Code:
[size=7]Tiny[/size] or [size=9]Small[/size] or [size=18]Large[/size] or [size=24]Huge[/size]
Tiny or Small or Large or Huge

Font Color:
Code:
[color=red]Spell out the color of your choice after the = sign[/color]
Red
Blue
Cyan

Fonts:

Code:
[font=Comic Sans Ms]There are a few fonts to choose from, just follow this code[/font]
There are a few fonts to choose from, just follow the code.

Index:

Code:
And this is [sub]For things like this.[/sub]
And this is For things like this.

[Exponent:

Code:
9[sup]3/4[/sup]
93/4

Spoiler: (Useful for when giving away information that someone does not know yet. Most likely new information you shouldn't be spreading yet because you're most likely the only one who knows about it).

Code:
[spoiler]Look at this on your own risk.[/spoiler]
Spoiler:

Hidden:

Code:
[hide]I am hidden[/hide]

Horizontal Scrolling:

Code:
[scroll]This is new to me[/scroll]
This is new to me

Vertical Scrolling:

Code:
[updown]This is new to me[/updown]
This is new to me

Random:

Code:
[rand]This is new to me as well[/rand]
[rand]This is new to me as well[/rand]

WoW:

Code:
[wow]And along with this[/wow]
[wow]And along with this[/wow]

I am assuming either the last two don't work, or I don't know how to use them. Well, I hope this was useful to all of you who wish to just know how to type all of these. Though there are a couple of shortcuts for those of you who aren't like me and prefer typing them yourself.

1. Hover your mouse over the icons that are above your text box and it will tell you what the icon does. Click on it twice and then insert your text between the code.
2. Highlight your text you wish to be coded and then click on the icon which preforms that action. This allows you to only have to click once instead of twice.

Again, I hope that was helpful, and if you know of anymore or wish to know more, feel free to PM or one of the Mods! Smile

As for Emoticons:
Code:
 :D  :)  :(  :o  :shock:  8)  :lol:  :x  :P  :oops:  :cry:  :evil:  :twisted:  :roll:  ;)  :!:  :?:  :idea:  :arrow:  :|  :face:  :star:  :suspect:  :heart:  :no:  :@:  :cyclops:  :clown:  :pirat:  :tongue:  :silent:  :pale:  :alien:  :cat:  :monkey:  :pig:  :rabbit:  :bounce:  :confused:  :affraid:  :bball:  :cheers:  :bom:  :drunken:  :sleep:  :sunny:  :albino:  :cherry:  :santa:  :rendeer:  :farao:  :king:  :queen:  :joker:  :geek:  :scratch:  :study:  :elephant:  :flower:  :afro:  :lol!:
Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you No @ cyclops clown pirat tongue silent pale alien cat monkey pig rabbit bounce confused affraid Basketball cheers bom drunken Sleep sunny albino cherry santa rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek scratch study elephant flower afro lol!

That is, until someone may be able to come along and provide us with a new arrangement. Smile Have fun!
Back to top Go down
https://thepotterforum.rpg-board.net

How To Use Codes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Potter Forum :: Double Door Entrance :: The Bulletin Board-
Jump to: